1. Rinse your mouth with water. Repeat.
2. Separate the swab from its sleeve by grasping and pulling on both ends. Do not discard the sleeves and do not touch the tip of the swab with your hands.
3. To collect DNA rub the tip of the swab firmly on the inside of your cheek approximately 25 times on each side of the mouth. Be sure to move the swab over the entire inside of the cheek.
4. Immediately remove swab, being careful not to touch swab tip against teeth, lips, or another surface.
5. Wave the swab in the air for about 30 seconds and place it back in its original sleeve.
6. Place the swab and sleeve into the pre-paid return envelope and drop it off to the nearest USPS collection box.